Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Daniella Ann--aka Ella

Brothers and sisters, ladies and gents, and all you other folks. Let us put aside our passionate chit chat for the time being and enjoy the introduction of Daniella Ann to this world. Myndall and I would like to express very sincere gratefulness to all of our friends and family. We know that we are blessed by the shower of love we have received from all of you in these past several months.

As I sit here typing and knowing that in less than seventeen hours I will get to see and hold my beautiful daughter, it is hard to really express the myriad of things going through my mind. I cannot express them all, but I will share a few of my thoughts. I think of all the weeks and months of physical challenges that Myndall has faced. I suppose I look forward to the time when I can actually interact with her with words and walk and run with her to all kinds of places. I want to enjoy the next couple of years when she will soak in everything like a sponge. I want to pour our love into that sponge with kisses and caring and holding and sitting, just the three of us, enjoying. I know there will be stress and sleep deprivation ahead, and I know that I probably don't really realize how much, but that is an incredibly small price to pay to be entrusted with a priceless gift from God. I am sobered by this thought.

I suppose one of the things that I love about our soon to arrive princess is the fact that she is a mystery. She is the personification of one of my personal favorite aspects of this life. She is a wave to be ridden. I must discover her daily because she is the ultimate unfolding story. What is to come. I do not know because Ella is who Ella is. I honestly live for these kinds of creations of God. I love you sweet Ella. Your mommy and I love you and will see you soon.....pictures will follow soon, I hope.

8 comments:

jajernigan said...

We are eagerly waiting for a picture of this wonderful girl given to two people who love Jesus and are fully capable by His power to bring her up as a daughter of God, a powerful world-changer.

We are so happy for you. Having children radically changes life, changes marriage, everything. It's wonderful, challenging and wild. You have a new choice of how to develop - as a parent.

Ju and I are sending you a book as a birth gift that is essential for parents that want to fully embrace their responsibilities in raising children. It's by Joy Dawson and titled 'Influencing Children to Become World Changers'

We love you,
Andrew & Ju
Lucas and Luiza
www.jernigan.blogspot.com
www.jernigan.info

Anonymous said...

Woot! Congratulations you guys! We love you sooo much and are so excited that your dream of becoming parents has finally arrived! Can't wait to see our beautiful niece!

Our prayers are with Myndall today that things will go smoothly and both Mama and Baby will be healthy.

Anonymous said...

Dennis D. said "I know there will be stress and sleep deprivation ahead, and I know that I probably don't really realize how much."

Anonymous Parent replies "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous said...

Oh Dennis, I almost forgot, I found the answer to your questions:

During a cesarean the mother is given drugs, but as to your other assertion, the father does not in fact get "all he wants".

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the new parents. And to Ella!
Clean the shotgun. I'm cleanin' mine. Also my macarov and 30 30 and 30 a.6 and bow and arow and aligator gig.
please foward your address as i will be sending this arsenal asap in order for you to be prepared for the upcoming masacres.

Anonymous said...

Moton and I are very excited for both of you! I hope you got some sleep last night because you won't be getting any for a loooooong time. We'll be seeing the three of you sometime withen the next month or so. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dennis & Myndall,

Well it's Friday morning, and I haven't heard a word. I am anxiously awaiting news of Ella and Mom (Dad, too). I'm praying for you.

Billie

Anonymous said...

I didn't see my comment so I'll try again....I'm so excited that I can hardly sleep or eat! Billie does know....I talked with her...Love you much....yo ma