Saturday, April 14, 2007

Why I am writing about doctrine

This is my offical disclaimer that is to go hand in hand with the next several posts in regard to doctrines I believe to be wrong.

First, I want to address a possible concern. Because I am choosing to speak negatively about doctrines and the groups or individuals most responsible for the promotion of those doctrines, does this mean that I do not believe it is possible I have some wrong doctrine filed away in my mental computer? No. As a matter of fact I actively pray the Lord will help me to be receptive when that is the case so that I may purge myself of it. It is almost a forgone conclusion in my mind that to some extent I do.

I understand perhaps now more than any other time in my life that wrong doctrine both REFLECTS a wrong understanding of God AND LEADS TO a wrong understanding of God. I want the Holy Spirit to lead us to as clear a vision of our Father as is possible in this life.

I will try to present my posts in a way that states firmly what I believe while trying to do so respectfully.

The primary reasons I am writing about these specific doctrines are as follows:

1. They are held by family, close friends, or, in some cases, have been promoted in churches I have attended. Therefore, I have felt the need to think and pray about these more thoroughly than some other doctrines that are perhaps also questionable.

2. I consider them to be important enough to merit thoughtful discussion.

In regards to my thoughts about all this stuff, and how I would prefer anyone responded..... of course, you may simply take them or leave them. However, whichever you do, do so prayerfully. Pray for me. Pray about what I've written, and, most of all, pray that the Holy Spirit will lead us both into all truth. Comments, as always, are not only welcome but highly valued.

1 comment:

Star said...

This should be interesting. I will be waiting to hear your thoughts!
I sure enjoyed my visit. You have a beautiful(and fun) wife and a precious sweet baby girl! Hope to see you soon!
Oh also I linked both of your blogs on mine.
starsomn.blogspot.com