Sunday, May 25, 2008

Revisiting Keith Green....

I'm starting my new writing with an emphasis on powerful stuff I've heard others express. Frankly, I have more confidence in my ability to recognize spiritually vital and edifying material and my ability to pass this on than in my ability to construct such material myself.....so....I'll probably be making a larger percentage of my future blogs an attempt to do this. I want to be a force that builds up the body of Christ. Hope you get as much out of the people I choose to "revisit" as I have and do.....and now Keith.....

These are the lyrics to He'll take care of the Rest by Keith Green....
"You know it ain't no use banging your head up against that cold stone wall. Nobody's perfect. Except for the Lord and even the best bound to fall. Remember, He is Divine and you are de branch. He'd love to get you through it if you'd give Him a chance. Just keep doin yo best and pray that it's blessed, and Jesus takes care of the rest. Yes, the Lord said He'll take care of the rest. He's gonna do it. He'll see ya through it, Yea! He'll take care of the rest. Well He'll take care of the rest. The devil blew it.............Just think about Moses in front of the burning bush...barefoot on the holy ground. You know he must have been thinkin what's an old dude like me gonna tell em when I go down..'Go down Moses!' and the Lord said, 'Hey mo don't ya worry bout goin down south. I'll be sayin every word that comes out of your mouth.' You just keep doin your best and pray that it's blessed, and 'hey mo, I'll take care of the rest!' Yes the Lord said He'll take care of the rest. He's gonna do it! He'll take care of the rest. He'll see you through it, Yea! He'll take care of the rest. Old Pharoah blew it. He'll take care of the rest.......Just believe and you'll receive that comfort you need. You just think about all those lonely people you know. They got everything they want but they got empty souls!......You just think about Noah toting his umbrella when there wasn't a cloud in the sky. You know all his neighbors would laugh at his pet giraffe and snicker as he passed by. Hey Noah just keep building that boat...it's just a matter of time before they see who's gonna float. You just keep doin your best and pray that it's blessed. I'll take care of the rest. I'm da weather man."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the lyrics of Keith Green also. Keep up the good work. Mom