Saturday, May 02, 2009

Thoughts and questions from Genesis

I'm trying to be more interactive as I listen to the Bible on CD. One of the ways that I'm doing that is keeping a pen and pad with me as I listen to write and journal thoughts or questions that occur to me as I listen. The following are examples of some of those thoughts and questions. Please, please feel free to share your thoughts and responses. That's kind of the whole reason I'm posting these.



1.Paying attention to the order of creation and what happened on what day causes me to question even more the idea that each day was a literal 24 hour day. It doesn't seem likely.



2. Eve-mother of all who live according to Adam



3. Sons of God married the daughters of men??



4. Apparently they did not eat meat before the flood(read Gen. 9), why did God institute the consumption of meat at that time?



5. Why does it tell us about Enoch?



6. Why did God chastise Pharoah and Abimilech instead of Abraham about lying about Sarah being his sister?

7. Why is Lot called righteous in the New Testament?

1 comment:

Danny said...

When I read the account of creation I wonder if all the days were the same length of time. Not just, were they a thousand year days or 24 hour days. He didn't create the stars until like half way through the week.