Friday, June 27, 2008

Miracle story

This seems like a pretty good time to implement another new part of my blog which will be making a regular appearance. I plan to share first hand witness accounts of people I know and trust and their first hand accounts of powerful miracles that God has allowed them to experience. I know that stories you hear of and read about in media outlets may be easier to at least harbor some doubt as to the truthfulness of the stories, but these are people whom I trust intensely and know well enough to trust in their truthfulness. I hope these stories, as I present various accounts occasionally in the future, will spur you on to consider asking around to discover the people within your own circle of friends and acquaintances that have stories like these to share and can be used to strengthen our faith and challenge the unbelief of ourselves and others.

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:10-12


Steve McCarty was my pastor in Trussville, Alabama. Before he was a pastor there, he served at a church in Nashville, TN as youth pastor. They took a trip to Nicaragua to do some missions work there. He witnessed some amazing things on that trip. This is just one of the stories he has shared with me.

He was praying for a man who was blind. The man had milky white cataracts that covered his eyes, and as Steve prayed, he began to see the milky white film clearing up. Suddenly, the man said, "You're a white man!" Steve continued praying and said that the milkiness had cleared even more by the time they left the man's house, and he had limited sight that seemed to be continuing to improve.

Chow for now my main chickens

No comments: