Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Help My Unbelief....

This is a declaration believe it or not, but it ain't gonna begin that way....so just bear with me. Without going into details, let's just say that the uncertainty in some big stuff continues to seem to hang over our heads like a spooky looking rain cloud on the horizon. I am taking this moment in time to speak to it because of the uniqueness of this "moment in time." In this moment in time, I do not know how this will all play out. I know how we want it to play out and quite frankly, we think we know how it ought to play out. I wish I could say I've been a rock of quiet confidence, but it just is not the case. The stress has caused me to get ticked, frustrated, worried, etc. In the midst of this, what I pray is this.....Lord I do believe, help my unbelief. This belief is not necessarily that things will work out as I think it ought. My belief and my hope is in the goodness of God regardless of how things turn out. This is what I need help with. If I trust that he can make this work out as I hope, then I could be disillusioned if it does not, and if it does work out as I hope, I could potentially be trusting in the deceitfulness of riches(see Cares of this world post). I pray that He would help my unbelief in his goodness and my unbelief in his ability to work out his purposes in my life through whatever circumstances he introduces especially his ultimate purpose to remake us all in his image.

Here's the declaration: God is good all the time.

3 comments:

Star said...

AMEN! It's true!

Danny said...

Oh goodness! Don't mind-screw your self like I tend to do.
That IS a good declaration. God is good all the time. I know that I do not hardly ever know what is good for me. God does know though. And whatever God does for you, it is good. I believe you will be ok, probably even better than ok. I do not know what you are going through, but I'm sure God cares more for you and your family than He does for birds and flowers. Only God can help your unbelief. But I think, "God is good all the time", is good enough. Jesus will perfect it.

pilgrim said...

"When you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted, but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go." Lead on Father, lead on. into the darkness of faith.


pilgrim