Saturday, January 03, 2009

Prayer Request

I would like to extend a request to any and all who read this blog to be in prayer for my friend, Russell. He was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He has a wife and four daughters. The primary reason I am seeking prayer for a miraculous recovery here is because WE need Russell. WE is those of us who are believers. Russell has been for quite some time an example I look up to and someone whose level of surrender to Christ and service to his body is a truly rare thing. Like Paul, I think Russell would certainly much rather be absent from the body and present with Christ, but I'm hoping for his family's sake and for ours(the body of Christ's sake) that Russell will be allowed to stay because we need him. Just one of many, many examples I can give of Russell's amazing dedication to serving Christ is that even in the midst of dealing with the cancer, he is still a full time counselor for others. I know it is dangerous to put anyone onto a pedestal, but Paul encourages the believers in his letters to honor those who are great examples of service.

3 comments:

Danny said...

God please keep Russell around for Dennis.
I hope you have a good many years to go with your friend, and that he continues to do God's will. I hope he has relief from his cancer also. Cherish your time with him always.

Danny said...

Our prayers and hopes are still on Russells side. And yours also.

Dennis D. said...

thanks Danny